Migraines and Alzheimer’s
- Managing Hypertension, Diabetes and Obesity
I have worked as a medical professional for the last thirty years, with the first twenty years as a respiratory therapist working in a hospital setting as well as homecare. I finished by PA program at Augsburg College in 2004 and have practiced as a physician assistant specializing in pulmonary medicine and sleep medicine for the majority of my practice. I joined Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology in 2012 and see patients primarily for their sleep concerns. I continue to work in urgent care and as a guest lecturer at College of St. Catherine’s, Physician Assistant Program in St. Paul, MN, as my schedule allows.
- Master’s in Science and Physician Assistant Studies – Augsburg College, Mpls, MN, 2004
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business – Metropolitan State University, St. Paul, MN, 1994
- Associate in Applied Science- Respiratory Therapy – St. Mary’s Junior College, Mpls, MN 1986
Board Certified – National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
Registered, Physician Assistant, State of Minnesota
Board Certified – National Board for Respiratory Care
Certified, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Certified, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Certified, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Certified, Basic Life Support (BLS)
Training, Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants
Publications, Additional Positions, Awards, Current Research
- Clinical Research Coordinator for Research Study: “Effects of the Inspire Implantable Nerve Stimulation System on Obstructive Sleep Apnea.” Primary investigator, Jason Cornelius, MD, North Memorial Sleep Health Center. Sponsor: Inspire Medical Systems (Maple Grove, MN); 2013-present.
- For additional information about sleep, please visit the patient education website from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine at www.sleepeducation.com.