South Metro MS Center is dedicated to providing comprehensive care to patients with Multiple Sclerosis and assisting them and their families to achieve the highest quality of life, through diagnosis, treatment, education, and support.
Dr. Yelena Usmanova is a graduate of First Leningrad Medical Institute in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. After graduation, she finished Neurology Residency at the Institute of Experimental Medicine, specializing in the management of sleep disorders and epilepsy.
Dr. Usmanova advanced her education in fundamental medical sciences by receiving a Master of Science degree from the Biology Department at the University of Mankato, Minnesota, where she researched computer analysis of EEG in patients with seizure disorder.
Dr. Usmanova graduated from Neurology Residency at the University of Minnesota. She joined the Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology in 2001, where she continues to practice neurology now. Through years of working at the Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology, she developed a passion in working with patients with Multiple Sclerosis. She is a frequent speaker for a variety of educational programs for patients. She also leads national conferences for patients with MS, their caregivers, and health professionals.
South Metro MS Center Provides a Full Array of Diagnostic, Medical Management, Rehabilitation and Educational Services
Expert assessment and diagnosis including:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI);
- Lumbar puncture;
- Evoked Potential Testing and Neuropsychological evaluation;
- Comprehensive management of patients in all stages of MS, including prescribing and monitoring of medications
- Specialized Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology Multiple Sclerosis Rehabilitation Program
- Access to local Speech Therapy
- Specialized Management and Education of MS Symptoms Unique to Women
- Educational Programs and Community Services for individuals with MS, sponsored by the Minnesota Chapter of the National MS Society, support groups and others.
- Nationwide MS Educational Programs for Healthcare Professionals
- Social Services through a Social Worker affiliated with the MS Society
Where We Are
The Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology has a longstanding commitment to providing close-to-home patient care. The South Metro MS Center is located in our Edina office and is affiliated with Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina, MN.
South Metro MS Center
Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology
3400 West 66th Street, Suite #150
Edina, MN 55345
For questions about your appointment, directions or additional information about outreach sites that we visit, please call: 952-920-7200
For more information please see: