- Migraine and headache management
- Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias
- Musculoskeletal pain management including injections: trigger point and botox
- General neurology
I enjoy helping patients understand how their disease is triggered so they can be active participants in controlling the symptoms they are experiencing. Utilizing traditional medications along with more alternative treatments like physical therapy, vitamins, injections and acupuncture often gives patients more relief, and I want to give patients as many options in their treatment as possible. The field of neurology is advancing quickly in terms of diagnosis and treatment options available to patients, and I like to continue to follow my patients along with their primary care physician to make sure they are able to take advantage of these new developments.
I am married with 3 children and grew up and trained in Minnesota. I enjoy travel, keeping physically active with sports, especially tennis and golf, and I still am an avid reader.
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
2450 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454
- Bachelor of Arts – Lawrence University, Appleton, WI, 1982
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, 1987
- Internship/Neurology Residency – University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics, Minneapolis, 1991
- Mary Bizal Peterson Award for Outstanding Neurology Resident, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1991
- Neuromuscular Fellowship – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1992
- Board Certified – American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Subspecialty Board Certification in Headache Medicine – United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties
American Academy of Neurology
American Medical Association
Minnesota Medical Association
American Headache Society
Minnesota Monthly Top Doctors for Women, 2009 and 2011
Minnesota Monthly Top Doctor, 2014
Mpls. St. Paul Magazine Top Doctor, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Publications, Directorships, Boards, Additional Positions
- Minnesota Medical Association Policy Council, Appointed Member, 2015-2017
- Botulinum Neurotoxin Type A for Treatment of Chronic Migraine: Pooled Analyses of the PREEMPT Clinical Program 32-Week Open-Label Phase. Abstract for IHC meeting 9-09.
- Sumatriptan/Naproxen Sodium as Early Intervention for Migraine: Effects on Funcitonal Ability, Productivity and Satisfaction in 2 Randomized Controlled Trials. JCOM. April 2007, Vol. 14, No. 4.
- I am on the Speakers Bureau for Allergan, Lilly and Teva.