For the past decade, I have been the Director of the Stroke Center at North Memorial Medical Center.
I am interested in all aspects of neurology, but particularly in the prevention and treatment of stroke.
I am also interested in the application of computer technology to improve health care delivery.
Although a significant part of my practice includes patients with stroke, I also like to see patients with other neurological conditions such as MS, Parkinson’s disease and seizures. I believe that every person’s situation is unique and like to listen to patients tell me their stories in their own words. My aim is always to tailor each patient’s treatment to suit the individual. I feel blessed to have become a physician and to have the opportunity to help people.
Over the years, I have given many presentations at churches, community centers, and health fairs, mostly on ways that people can reduce their risk of having a stroke. I have also been a member of a charity clinic at a community center in Fridley.
In my spare time, I like to read, travel with my family, and photograph landscapes and wildlife.
- I graduated from medical school in 1981 from the University of Nagpur in India.
- Subsequently, I obtained training in Neurology at the Johns Hopkins University in 1982, spent two years at UCLA doing research, and four years at the University of Minnesota doing a residency in Neurology.
- I am board-certified in Adult Neurology, Neurophysiology (pending re-certification) and in Vascular Neurology (stroke).
Board Certified – American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Adult Neurology
Board Certified – American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology
Board Certified – American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Vascular Neurology
American Academy of Neurology
Publications, Directorships, Boards, Additional Positions
- I am a former Chief of Medical Staff and Member of the Board of Trustees of North Memorial Medical Center, and currently serve on the Board of Directors of the Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology. I also serve as the Chief Medical Information Officer at North Memorial Medical Center and am involved with the deployment of the electronic health record. I have always been interested in teaching students and residents and am a Clinical Professor of Neurology at the University of Minnesota.
- I am involved in many different clinical trials that have focused on better ways of preventing and treating stroke.