On July 1, 1955, two partnerships of neurologists and psychiatrists merged to form the Minneapolis Neuropsychiatric Clinic. Several years later, the Clinic expanded and relocated to the campus of Glenwood Hills Hospital in Golden Valley. On June 1, 1972, the group of twenty-seven physicians (at that time fifteen psychiatrists and twelve neurologists) formed a professional corporation named, “The Minneapolis Clinic of Psychiatry and Neurology, Ltd.” In 1985, when the psychiatrists decided to split from neurology, the Clinic was renamed the “Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology, Ltd.”
Today, the Clinic consists of 32 Neurologists, 15 Advanced Practice Providers and 4 Neuropsychologists. We provide full-service neurology clinics in Burnsville, Coon Rapids, Edina, Golden Valley and Maple Grove. MCN provides Rehabilitation Services, MRI, EEG and EMG at all five of our offices. We provide acute neurology at many of the Minneapolis hospitals, including Mercy Hospital, Unity Hospital, North Memorial, Maple Grove Hospital, Fairview Southdale and Fairview Ridges. In addition, we continue our practice of traveling to provide outreach neurology and neurodiagnostic services, and our neurologists are active in clinical research trials to advance the treatment of neurologic disease.
We have been very fortunate throughout the years to work with so many talented providers and staff who have worked each day to provide exceptional, personalized care to our patients.