Dr. Murali Krishnamurthy is an expert in treating headaches and migraines which is a very common problem.
Many patients come to Dr. Krishnamurthy for help with their migraine headaches. He focuses on breaking the pain cycle which allows patients to resume their normal daily activities.
In the U.S. more than 37 million people suffer from migraines headaches; some studies estimate that 1 in 10 adults will experience them. Between 2 and 3 million people suffer from chronic migraines which is defines as when the patient suffers more than fifteen headache days per month over a three month period. This number represents 1.3 percent of American women and 0.5 percent of American men.
Dr. Krishnamurthy offers the following treatment types for patients suffering from migraines:
- -Botulinum Toxin Injections
- -Facet Joint Injections/Blocks
- -Facet Rhizotomy Injections
- -Fluoroscopic Guided Joint Injections
- -Interventional Pain
- -Medial Branch Nerve Blocks
- -Greater and Lesser Occipital Nerve Blocks
- -Radiofrequency Neuroablation
- -Radiofrequency Procedures
- -Trigger Point Injections
- -Supratrochlear Nerve Blocks
- -Supraorbital Nerve Blocks
What is a migraine headache?
Migraines are a deeply painful and often debilitating form of headache. People who experience migraines often require medical treatment to cope with their symptoms.
What are the symptoms of chronic migraine?
- -The headache causes moderate to severe pain
- -The pain is predominantly in one side of the head
- -The side affected by the headache has a throbbing, pulsating sensation
- -The pain is made worse due to routine physical activity such as walking
- -Possible nausea and vomiting
- -Sensitivity to sounds, smells and light
- -Changes in vision
What causes migraine headaches?
Though still somewhat of a mystery, researchers have identified possible causes for migraines that could include:
- -An underlying central nervous disorder that when triggered, sets off a migraine episode
- -Irregularities in the brain’s blood vessel system or vascular system
- -A genetic predisposition
- -Abnormalities of brain chemicals and nerve pathways
If you or a friend or family member suffer from migraine headaches make an appointment with Dr. Krishnamurthy. He is devoted to helping patients relieve their pain.